A bad father is a father who is not a good example for his children. He is the opposite of a good father. A bad father will show his children the wrong way, and teach them to do what he does.
A selfish father is one that doesn't care about his family or himself. He only cares about himself and what he wants to do.
A bad father is a father who does not fulfill his parental duties to their children.
A selfish father is a father who cares more about himself than his family.
A greedy father has thieves for children.” – Serbian Prover
- “Becoming a dad means you have to be a role model for your son and be someone he can look up to.” – Wayne Rooney
- “Fathers should know that sons follow their example, not advice.” – Unknown
- “A real man takes care of his kids no matter what the relationship is with the mother of his child.” – Unknown
- “Be more than a father, be a dad. Be more than a figure, be an example.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Becoming a father is easy enough, but being one can be very rough.” – Wilhelm Busch
- “If a man cannot be a father to his own child, there is nothing worse than that.” —Unknown
- “There should be an anti-father’s day. A bad dad’s day. That way I could truly say “you are the best.” —Unknown
- My dad always said, “You better go to church every Sunday. We need somebody into this family to go to heaven.”
- I love my dad because even though he has Alzheimer’s, he remembers the important things. He can’t remember my name, but last week he told me exactly how much money I owe him. – Thyra Lees-Smith
- Don’t take the title of a man if you simply can’t handle the responsibilities of being one.
- My father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic. – Spike Milligan
- Dad taught me everything I know. Unfortunately, he didn’t teach me everything he knows. – Al Unser
- Sorry that mommy has to teach you how to be a man. Daddy was more of a bitch than we initially thought.
- “I was 36 before I figured out most of my dad’s advice to me was just quotes from Burt Reynolds movies.”
- I overheard mom telling dad, “Congratulations on being a year older and still maintaining such a low level of maturity. You are truly an inspiration.”
- “Some kids are able to become independent without the presence of their father.”
- “Only twenty-two percent of fathers who don’t live in the same house as their children are “actively” involved.”
- “It is the selfish parents who are to blame. Pay attention, be involved in your children’s lives. They are your legacy, your only hope.” – Aaron B. Powell
- “A real parent is someone who put their kids above their own selfish wants and needs.” – Unknown
- “I never had a speech from my father ‘this is what you must do or shouldn’t do’ but I just learned to be led by example. My father wasn’t perfect.” – Adam Sandler
- “Sons aspire to either become their father or vie to be his exact opposite.” – Kilroy J. Oldster
- “They should love you, just as you are. Parents should love their kids, right?” “You’d think so.” – N.R. Walker
- “I felt my father’s presence with me, helping me to commit to paper the feelings I had. I really heard my father speaking to me from the other dimension.” – Michael Landon
- “Join me, and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son.” – George Lucas
- “Fathers, like mothers, are not born. Men grow into fathers, and fathering is a very important stage in their development.” – David M. Gottesman
Difference Between Bad And Selfish Parent With Quotes
Father’s Day is a day to celebrate fathers, but it also gives us the chance to look at the different types of fathers.
The bad father: This type of father is often absent from their child's life and may not be around for their child's birth. They are often abusive and neglectful, which can lead to mental health issues in their children.
"The bad father is the one who leaves his children with a feeling of insecurity." - Jean-Paul Sartre
The selfish father: This type of father has a lack of empathy and is only concerned with himself. He might be wealthy, but he doesn't spend any time with his kids or help out with any household chores.
"A selfish father is a parent who does not put their children's needs before their own." -- Unknown
Sarcastic Father Quotes To Teach Him Lesson
An absent father needs to realize his child’s needs before it is too late. —Unknown
A bad father has never a good son. —Latin Proverb
Hey dad I did it without you. —Unknown
The absent are never without fault, nor the present without excuse. —Benjamin Franklin
Father’s Day is so hard for me. —Unknown
As old as she was...She still missed her daddy sometimes. —Unknown
It is a wise father that knows his own child. —William Shakespeare
A daughter needs her father more than anything else in the world. —Unknown
A letter to the father who doesn’t know how awesome I am. —Unknown
Just remember when you are ignoring her, you are teaching her to live without you. —Unknown
A father may turn his back on his child, but a mother’s love endures through all. —Washington Irving
If a man cannot be a father to his own child, there is nothing worse than that. —Unknown
Sarcastic Absent Father Quotes
Respect to all moms doing double duty because of men failing to do their part as dads. —John Mark Green
No matter how old you get. The hole in your heart created by your father’s absence still aches. Especially on father’s day. —Unknown
Fathers, you are the head and strength of the family unit. If you are not in place, there is a weakness in the link. —Anita R. Sneed-Carter
My dad was a good man but an emotionally absent father, and so I had to look for that male attention somewhere else and found it in a brother-in-law. He just happened to be an alcoholic. —Jim Hamilton
I remember when I was the twinkle in my daddy’s eyes. Then he left one day without saying goodbye. —Unknown
He was supposed to be the first male love of your life you still search for him everywhere. —Unknown
Dear absent father from the mother of a dayless daughter...I just want to say...Thank you and you are welcome! —Unknown
Sarcastic Quotes About Selfish Fathers
Children shouldn’t have to sacrifice so that they can have the life they want. You make sacrifices so your children can have the life that they deserve.
As a parent, you should be more concerned with your child’s happiness than your petty insecurities and jealousies. Just a thought!
Your mother’s happiness is not your responsibility. It has never been.
Anyone can have a child and call themselves a parent. A real parent is someone who puts that child above their own selfish needs and wants.
Real dads support their children without the law telling them they have to.
Your children become who you are; so be who you want them to be.
Don’t anger your parents in order to please other people. Those other people did not spend their lives building yours.
To be in your children’s memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today.
Just remember when you are ignoring them, you are teaching them to live without you.
Sarcastic Trolling Quotes About Bad Fathers
Stop making your child a victim of your anger.
What a difficult time for a child when they find out their parent used and manipulated them to hurt someone they love.
It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.
But who’s going to take care of you when you’re older? I’m not selfish I’m going to bring someone into this world just so they can take care of me.
Self-absorbed people only think about what makes them feel good at the moment. They don’t have any respect or regard for anyone else. Then they wonder why their relationships fail.
The hard thing is, you try to help them but still, you’re the bad one.
As a child, I never imagined that all of the real monsters in the world would be humans.
Divorce doesn’t scar children. Selfish parents with insecurities do.
Sometimes problems don’t require a solution to solve them; instead, they require maturity to outgrow them.
More Selfish Quotes About Toxic Selfish Parents
Being a selfish parent is a sign of not having learned from experience.
Parents forgive their children least readily for the faults they themselves instilled in them.
Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
I want someday to be able to love with the same intensity and unselfishness that parents love their children with.
Selfish people lost so much in life because even when they realize they are wrong, they don’t know how to ask for forgiveness or show regrets.
It is the selfish parents who are to blame. Pay attention, be involved in your children’s lives. They are your legacy, your only hope. — Aaron B. Powell
Instead of treating your child like how you were treated. Treat them with the same love and attention you wanted from your parents while growing up.
They should love you, just as you are. Parents should love their kids, right? You’d think so. ― N.R. Walker
Being a parent does not give you an excuse for bad manners. – Rosalind Wiseman
Fear-based parenting is the surest way to create intimidated children. – Tim Kimmel
Good parenting gives headaches, but bad parenting gives heartaches. – Shiv Khera
There are no illegitimate children – only illegitimate parents. – Leon R. Yankwich
The term "bad father" is used to describe a male parent who is abusive, neglectful, or otherwise unsupportive of their children. The term "selfish father" is used to describe a male parent who puts his own needs before those of his children.
A bad father may be verbally or physically abusive to their child. They may also neglect the child's emotional needs by not spending time with them and not providing them with the love and support that they need. A selfish father may put his own needs before those of his child. He might be emotionally unavailable or too busy with work to spend time with their child.