A bad toxic selfish father is the one who can hurt and torture you with his presence and with his acts, having no father is better than a toxic father that makes your life difficult.
What is a toxic parent?
To be clear, "toxic parent" isn't a medical phrase or a concept with a specific definition. When people talk about toxic parents, they're usually referring to parents who routinely act in ways that make their children feel guilty, afraid, or obligated. Their behaviors aren't one-off occurrences, but rather a pattern of behavior that has a negative impact on their child's life.
Parents, after all, are human beings. That means they're more likely to make mistakes, yell excessively, or do potentially harmful things to their children, even if it's unintended. Their instinct, though, is to do better and make things right.
A toxic parent, on the other hand, is more concerned with their personal demands than with whether or not their actions are harmful.
The phrase "toxic parent" refers to parents who exhibit one or more of the following characteristics:
Self-serving behavior When it comes to things you need, your parent may be emotionally unavailable, egotistical, or uncaring. It may appear that every circumstance revolves around the same question: "What about ME?"
Abuse, both physical and verbal. Abuse isn't necessarily physical violence, ranting, threats, or something obvious. More subtle forms of abuse, such as name-calling, shifting blame, silent treatment, or gaslighting, may be encountered.
Controlling one's actions. Toxic parents may intrude on your privacy or refuse to let you make your own choices. Or perhaps, even as an adult, they are unduly judgmental and controlling of your judgments.
Toxic Bad Father Quotes
“A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men.”
“A father is a banker provided by nature.”
“A greedy father has thieves for children.”
“A real man takes care of his kids no matter what the relationship is with the mother of his child.”
“As your kids grow up they may forget what you said, but they won’t forget how you made them feel.”
“Be more than a father, be a dad. Be more than a figure, be an example.”
“Becoming a father is easy enough, but being one can be very rough.”
“Behind every great daughter is a truly amazing dad.”
“Being a daddy’s girl is like having permanent armor for the rest of your life.”
“Daughter, be of good comfort; your faith has made you whole.”
“Deadbeat dads are like magicians, they pull lifetime disappearing acts.”
“Every dad is the family role model, whether he wants the job or not.”
“Fathers in today’s modern families can be so many things.”
“Fathers, you are the head and strength of the family unit. If you are not in place, there is a weakness in the link.”
“I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.”
“If you have much, give of your wealth; if you have little, give of your heart.”
“In reality, the world is as full of bad mothers as it is of bad fathers, and it is not the motherless children who become delinquent but the fatherless ones.”
“It doesn’t matter who my father was. It matters who I remember he was.”
“Kids are like a mirror, what they see and hear they do. Be a good reflection for them.”
“Many people think of child support when they think of deadbeat dad; however, these dads also may classify as deadbeat if they refuse to care adequately for their children.”
“Most deadbeat dads are frightened, angry, and depressed men.”
“My fingers may be small but I’ve got my daddy wrapped around them.”
“One of the greatest challenges in collecting child support is that deadbeat dads move from job to job and state to state. It’s hard to keep track of them.”
“One of the greatest gifts I’ve ever gotten came from God. I call him daddy.”
“The father who does not teach his son his duties is equally guilty with the son who neglects them.”
“The surest way to a child’s heart is to spend time with them.”
Selfishness and greed, individual or national, cause most of our troubles. - Harry S. Truman
Intensely selfish people are always very decided as to what they wish. They do not waste their energies in considering the good of others. - Ouida
“Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
“ Instead of treating your child like how you were treated. Treat them with the same love and attention you wanted from your parents while growing up. ” -- Jonathan Anthony Burkett
Selfish Quotes Dedicated to Faters
- “Nobody will be able to compete with him if he falls in love with himself.”
- “I don’t need a reason to exist, and I don’t need anyone’s permission to exist. I’m the warrant, as well as the sentence.”
- “I swear, by my life and the love I have for it, that I will never live for another man’s sake, nor will I ask another man to live for mine.”
- “I hope to one day be able to love as passionately and selflessly as parents do for their children.”
- “Every man creates his own world in his image. He has the ability to choose, but not the ability to avoid having to pick.”
- “It might be difficult to deal with toxic parents. You’ll have pleasant interactions and engagement with one another if you use the appropriate tactics.”
- “If there’s one thing I despise in this world, it’s the man who attempts to vent his problems while I’m trying to express mine.”
- “Life would be so uninteresting if we weren’t all so consumed with ourselves that none of us would be able to bear it.”
- “I hope to one day be able to love as passionately and selflessly as parents do for their children.”
Father Quotes Bad Selfish and Toxic
Dysfunctional parents let their children know how burdened they have been by their children and how many sacrifices they had to make in order to raise them. Dr. Marita Sirota.
An unpredictable parent is a fearsome god in the eyes of a child. Susan Forward.
"A toxic father will always degrade you, no matter whatever you do." -- Jawad Amir
“A bad father has never a good son.”- Latin Proverb
"You are too toxic dad but still I miss you" - Unknown
If you have been with a toxic father, you understand the pain of struggling to leave every day.
No child should ever have to bear the burden of parenting their own parents. To toxic parents, you existed to serve them all the time. Kim Saeed.
Narcissist parents don’t care about their children’s feelings at all. Only their feelings matter. Kim Saeed.
Controlling parents will always assume their children are their property they can possess. Trialsandtests.
Love and respect them but don’t get caught up in their drama. Trialsandtests.
Toxic parents are the root cause of all dysfunctional families because the fish rots first at its head. Trialsandtests.
Being a parent does not give you an excuse for bad manners. Rosalind Wiseman
Fear based parenting is the surest way to create intimidated children. Tim Kimmel
Good parenting give headaches but bad parenting gives heartaches. Shiv Khera
There are no illegitimate children – only illegitimate parents. Leon R. Yankwich
What’s so sad is when we’re younger, if you have a bad parent, that is normal to you and that’s what you think of as healthy. Jennifer Lawrence
If mental abuse was a punishable crime, a lot of parents would be in jail serving a long term. Maddy Malhotra
All of us develop our expectations about how people will treat us based on our relationships with our parents. Susan Forward.
In troubled families, abuse and neglect are permitted. It’s talking about them that is forbidden. Marcia Sirota.
In order to reach your highest potential, it is imperative that you remove all negative people from your life. – Germany Kent
Toxic Dad Quotes
- “A letter to the father who doesn’t know how awesome I am.”
- “Having kids doesn’t make you a father. Raising them does.”
- "Showing negative image to your son will never make you a hero" - Unknown
- “When your father is toxic, you have to believe in yourself.”
- “My dad broke my heart way before any boy had the chance to.”
- “Anyone can be a father but it takes someone special to be a dad.”
- “A bad father needs to realize his child’s needs before it is too late.”
- “It is a wise father that knows his own child.”- William Shakespeare
- “If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you’ll find an excuse.”
- “If a guy has children and he has nothing to do with them, he is a douche.”
- “If a man cannot be a father to his own child, there is nothing worse than that.”
Selfish Dad Quotes
- “Real dads support their children without the law telling them they have to!”
- “A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men.”
- “Some kids are able to become independent without the presence of their father.”
- “Just remember when you are ignoring her, you are teaching her to live without you.”
- “Fathers have a unique and irreplaceable role in the lives of children.”- George W. Bush
- “There should be an anti father’s day. A bad dad’s day. That way I could truly say “you are the best.”
- “When dealing with toxic people always choose distance over disrespect.” – Germany Kent
- “Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Selfishness keeps man blind through life.” – Hazrat Inayat Khan
- “There are no illegitimate children only illegitimate parents.”
- “There’s really no point in having children if you’re not going to be home enough to father them.”
Bad Selfish Father RealtionShip Quotes
- “Unless a father accepts his faults he will most certainly doubt his virtues.”
- “Virtue is the strength and power of daughters of God.”
- “What a child doesn’t receive he can seldom later give.”
- “You wanted to kill your father in order to be your father yourself. Now you are your father, but a dead father.”
- "I have got the worst daddy ever". --Unknown
- “If they do it often, it isn’t a mistake; it’s just their behavior.” — Dr. Steve Maraboli
- "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple." - Francis Chan
- "Better a loving single-parent family than a 'conventional' family where the parents hate each other and the father is a demagogue." - Moby
- “If someone keeps bringing you down, perhaps it's time to get up and leave” ― Karen Salmansohn
- “Maybe I fell in love with a version of him that didn't exist.” ― Namrata Gupta
- “He made you dependent on him so that your happiness depended on his and he depended on whether or not you agreed to what he said.” ― Namrata Gupta
- “Someone who truly loves you will never expect you to give up your goals, dreams, or ambitions. They will encourage you, not hold you back.” ― Anthon St. Maarten
- “Don’t light yourself on fire trying to brighten someone else’s existence.” ― Charlotte Eriksson
- “Thinking of you is a poison I drink often.” ― Atticus
What are the consequences of having a toxic parent?
Family, in whatever shape it takes, has a profound impact on a person's sense of self-worth, perception of and trust in others, and overall worldview. In a nutshell, it's the foundation for how you see and interact with the people, places, and things in your environment.
It may be beneficial or even liberating to acknowledge that many of the behaviors you acquired are poisonous if you discover you've been exposed to toxicity. You may have thought that the negative events you had as a child were "normal."
For instance, you may have been beaten or abused but dismissed it as a spanking. You may have been neglected horribly, but you justified it by blaming it on your parents' hectic schedules.